Knowing your strengths is helpful, but knowing your weaknesses is like mining for gold — because if you can measure them, you can improve them. Our dual-sided power meter measures power individually in each leg to provide precise data about balance and power output in order to demonstrate where improvements can be made to pedaling performance, so you can harness the information and push yourself to the podium.
As the name suggests, 2INpower evolved from ROTOR's INpower, with the power meter tucked neatly inside the crank axle that measures power in the left leg. However, on the 2INpower, two additional sets of strain gauges haven been placed in the right crank arm, which offer precise measurements of power exclusively in the right leg, balancing out your drive and non-drive side with accurate readings, so you can hone your power in both legs. These eight strain gauges might seem a touch excessive, as most leading power meters stop at five, but we find that the increased number reduces the chances of external conditions, like rapid changes in temperature, adversely affecting accuracy. We opt to house the strain gauges tucked neatly in the crank axle, while electronics stay spindle-bound for protection against the elements.
2INpower features both Bluetooth Smart, and ANT+ functionality, as well as a built-in rechargeable battery for easy charging between rides.
Does not include chainrings.
- Weight: 596g without chainrings
- Head Unit: Bluetooth® Smart, some ANT+™ head units: http://www.thisisant.com/directory
- Analisys software: Trainingpeaks.com/ROTOR
- Software: ROTOR 2INpower app, ROTOR 2INpower User Software
- Q-Factor: 147.5 mm
- Chain line: 43.5 mm
- Sizes available: 165 / 170 / 172.5 / 175 mm
- ROTOR Direct Mount chainrings, oval and round or 110x4 Spider
- Battery Specifications: Rechargeable Li-ion + USB cable
- Estimated Battery Life: 250 hours riding time
- Water Resistance: IPX7
- Strain Gauges: 4 gauges in the axle and 4 in the right crank arm
- Wireless Technology: ANT+™ 2.4 Ghz/ Bluetooth® Smart